It may still be January, but spring is coming fast, and many teams will be on the water in 2-3 short weeks. Here is the quick and downloadable checklist to get your boats ready to go!
Boats – We recommend grabbing each of your boats out of the rack and give it the once over.
Its better to do now, than the day you are trying to get on the water!
Boat Checklist <<download and take with you to the boathouse!
- Shoes –
- How is the condition?
- Are they properly secured to the footboard?
- [If you store outside] Are they free of rodents and nests?
- Are they all accounted for?
- Seats and Wheels – Be sure to remove seat to properly clean and inspect
- Are all wheels clean?
- Any signs of pitting or cracking?
- Are the wheels
- Be sure to wipe down each wheel
- Tracks –
- Be sure to wipe clean each track. Dust and grime will stick to the tracks in the off season
- Are they pitted and need to be replaced?
- Rigger / Backstays
- Is the pin assembly complete?
- Is the backstay straight or bent and needing replacement?
Oars – Don’t forget to allocate time to check the oars!
Oar Check List <<download and take with you to the boathouse!
- Are the oars are appropriately labeled with tape or lettering?
- Set to uniform total length?
- Oars set to uniform inboard and outboard length?
- Are the clams are stored to be easily accessible for on the water practice
Stay tuned for the coach and coaching launch check list next week!